Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 32

Today marks the longest I have been out of Texas. In honor of my great state, here are a few things I miss:

-Hot weather: I have Puebla and Garland weather displayed on my iGoogle page. Right now, Garland reads "103" and Puebla "68". I'm cold.
-My cowboy boots: I will definitely be bringing them back next time I make a trip home.
-Dresses: I tried wearing one yesterday and nearly froze.
-Honky Tonks: No one has heard of them!
-Country music: I bought some of my favorite songs during my first week here. Now I listen to them when I'm on the bus and pretend I'm listening to the radio.
-Smoked meat dripping with sweet BBQ sauce

I met my first Texan here on Saturday. She held up the Longhorn sign, and I felt at home. And when I once mentioned bluebonnets, everyone thought I was talking about butter!

No comments: