Monday, October 12, 2009

Neverneverland

This dance is proving difficult. Because my credit card was stolen last month, I can't purchase any songs on iTunes, which means I've been relying on my students for the music. I asked them to bring their High School Musical CDs, but they all forgot. One boy brought his DVD, though, so we made do with that. As he was leaving on Friday, I asked him if he wanted to take his DVD home. He said, "No, you can keep it in case they forget again on Monday."

I have far too much dignity to like High School Musical, but I've never seen the first one, and with the DVD in my possession for an entire weekend, I couldn't resist. I mentioned to a friend that I was planning on watching it, and she mentioned it to another friend. At 6 p.m. on a Saturday, when most of Mexico is hitting the bars, three coworkers and I watched High School Musical on my roommate's 42" plasma TV. We followed the show with tortas and bowling.

I guess we never really do grow up.

No comments: