Monday, August 17, 2009

Lunch break

I am sitting in my classroom during my lunch break. The noises of the city are streaming through my open windows. The sky is clear today. Yesterday, smoke from the volcano obscured nearly all of the mountains, but today, the lines of Popocatépetl are crisp against the blue sky. In the classroom above mine, I can hear furniture scraping against the floor. My furniture is mostly set up. I am glad of that; those desks are heavy.

I just got my ID photos made. I wasn't prepared for mug shots. Hair shoved behind ears, bangs brushed back, chin tilted up severely -- I'm sure these will be attractive photos.

Back to work now.

2 comments:

Girl Who Dreams said...

i miss you so much! the road trip was awesome, and zeus is great! praying for you!

kelsey said...

8/10 people don't like their id pictures. (i think i heard that somewhere?) so don't even worry.