Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This morning

-My apartment smells charred because I heated a tortilla directly on the stove.
-Every pair of dress pants I own is scattered around my bedroom, evidence that I really need to go shopping for some smaller clothes now that I've started running.
-I got back from tutoring last night at 10 p.m. and watched 20 minutes of a documentary on Prohibition before crashing.
-The sink is full of dishes.
-Sticking a half-drunk bottle of wine on the counter gets rid of fruit flies and is faster than actually cleaning.
-I'm writing a quiz ten minutes before class.
-I can't find my flats, and I won't wear heels until my knees stop hurting.
-I don't have the time or the food to pack a lunch or dinner for this 14-hour day

Also:
-It's currently 53 degrees, with a predicted high of 85.
-My apartment floor is clean, at least.
-No lunch or dinner means a candy bar from the vending machine.
-I can wear a scarf without suffocating.
-I feel incomprehensibly rested.
-I've got my hair/makeup/clothes routine down to 10-20 minutes.
-Eggs taste good.
-I have friends all over the world, and family only an hour away.

Life. That's what this is.

No comments: