Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spanglish

Because of their large vocabularies in Spanish, my kids make some funny English sentences. Here are some of the ones I've collected:

-I detest rolling.
-Is this obligatory?
-Thunder is insupportable.
-The lightly illuminates the sky like fireworks.
-Fish and corn are exquisite with lemon and tajín.
-Spanglish is the fusion of English and Spanish.

And here are a few sentences without good vocabulary that I just found funny:

-The red skins live in a colony.
-I can eat healthy because I eat god.
-I slavery my backpack. (This was after I explained that slavery was when one person /owned/ another.)
-My friends are rolling all the time.
-We have too much independences.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Love it! My favorites: "Is this obligatory?" and "I slavery my backpack." Translations can be so entertaining...

Kylee said...

Perfect! Those are some cute kids you've got there.

kelsey said...

hahahaha my favorite is "i can eat healthy because i eat god." well he probably IS very healthy!

Michaela said...

Look who's keepin' quotes now!