Thursday, September 11, 2008

Encouragement

Mrs. T is a reading-teacher expert and was transfered to our school to assist with reading instruction. After I taught an English reading lesson in my bilingual coworker's classroom, I saw Mrs. T peering into his classroom and reading my lesson from the board. I walked by and heard her say, "Wow, good." Then she turned to me: "I was just reading his lesson. That's good."

Later, I lined my students up to go to the library and gave them a brief lecture, hoping to avoid last-week's embarrassing library outing. Mrs. T was in the hallway tutoring a student, and when my students filed out, she whispered, "That was the best piece of discipline I have ever heard. The way you talk to them is excellent."

I desperately needed that encouragement this week.

No comments: